Tuesday 6 November 2012

Number sign for birthday party

When I organised a party for my six years old daughter, I prepared a giant number 6 with decoupage technique. I bought a big and thick piece of cardboard and drew an approximately 60 centimetres number 6 on it. I cut it out and painted white with acrylic paint, because the whiter a background is, the more contoured a pattern looks.





For the birthday party I purchased dark pink polka dot paper napkins, so I used the same to cover the number. At the end, I covered with Schmincke gloss lacquer to be more durable.

I fixed it to the wall with green raffia. 






Materials I used for it:


- a piece of cardboard
- paper napkin
- decoupage glue and flat decoupage brush
- scissors and pencil
- white acrylic paint and paint brush
- Schmincke gloss lacquer and brush
- raffia



My other blogpost on this subject:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!