Sunday 18 November 2018

Christmas card with the three kings - vintage version

Recently I have shown you two cards with the Wise Men Thinlits die here, on my blog - a blue and a pink version. So it was time to make a vintage look version with the same scene.




For this scene I used three different Thinlits die sets: Wise Men, Home For The Holiday, Witchcraft.

From a white 300gsm watercolour paper I cut out a rectangle base and the other elements, the sand dunes and the stars.



Then with tapping movements (this is my favourite technique to add paint to the surface) and with a sponge, I covered the whole surface with white acrylic paint.



With the Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs Distress inks, Walnut Stain Distress Crayons and Matte Distress Collage Medium, I created a vintage look.



I cut out the wise men from one of the brown papers of the Kraft Core Classic Collection and slightly sanded it. Then with Multi Medium Matte, I attached the wise men to the bottom.


I cut out a little bigger rectangle from brown paper as a second layer and inked the edges with Walnut Stain to make it darker.

And I cut out a folded card from kraft paper and chose a text from my favourite sticker book.



I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is quite pretty and different from most I see in dark colors. Nice job, Monica !Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!