Friday 23 November 2018

Winter card with ice skates by Tim Holtz

I so wanted the Sizzix Ice Skates dies by Tim Holtz but I couldn't buy it in Europe. It's a retired die and it was out of stock everywhere in the European online craft shops I knew. 

So I decided to order it from overseas, from the Simon Says Stamp :-) And since the die arrived at me I have made a card:



For this card, I used two inspirations. The first was a card from Emma Williams which is the most wonderful ice skate card ever. And secondly, the tag and tutorial of Tim Holtz where he explains how to paint the skates and how to pull the thread through the slots. I have to admit that I followed the lacing instructions closely.


What I used:

Tim Holtz Snowflakes Layering Stencil (THS050)

Sizzix Bigz die, Ice Skates

Ranger Opaque Matte Texture Paste

Sizzix Thinlits die, Holiday Greens

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Holiday Greens

Idea-Ology Long Fasteners

Idea-Ology Jingle Breads

Ranger Distress ink pads (Gathered Twigs, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Evergreen Bough, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needle)

Ranger Distress Clear Rock Candy Glitter

Ranger Glossy Accents

Idea-Ology, Small Talk Sticker Book Occasions

silver glitter paper

acrylic paints

etc.




With my card, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Let it snow

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Baby, it's cold outside


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!




  

4 comments:

  1. What a stunning card! I love thetdesign with the beautiful backgeound and fir tree branches and your ice skates look amazing with the lacing - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, the skates are fabulous and love the snowy greens. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card using those skates, well done on the lacing them.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monika, this is my favorite yet! There's something so fresh and lively about the blues and greens with bright white skates. I just love it and HAVE to sparkle me up some greens to play with... Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!