Tuesday 26 November 2019

Huge Christmas card with Santa

Well, this is a really huge Christmas card, its size is 17x23 cms. I had to choose this size because Tim's Santa is quite big. Wide as a real Santa :-)


And here is my tutorial.

First I cut out a rectangle panel from 300 gsm watercolour paper. I put a layer of gesso first, then I added Broken China Distress paint. When it was dry, I also added diluted Picket Fence and Bundled Sage paints with a sponge.



When it was dry, I stencilled stars. For this, I used the Starry layered stencil and Opaque Matte Texture Paste. Before drying completely I wiped off some stars.


I painted the lower part with Picket Fence and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Archival ink. Then I put this aside and I started to assemble Santa. I cut all the pieces from the 300gsm watercolour paper and I hand-painted them.

For the red part, I used Festive Berries Distress paint. First I tried the Candied Apple but I found it too red, I wanted something softer. And even this paler version of red was muted with a little watered white. 



I inked the edges of every piece with Distress Archival inks. For the red parts I used Ground Espresso, for the white and lighter parts, I used Vintage Photo.

For assembling Santa, I always put a paper behind him which is a big help to fit the parts together.


The main colour of the cardinal is Festive Berries and the package is Peacock Feathers. 

The text was cut out from gold Paper Stash, Metallic Kraft paper.



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Home For The Holidays

Sizzix Thinlits die, Jolly St. Nicks

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Christmas Things

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alpine

Sizzix Movers&Shapers Magnetic die, Mini Cardinal&Poinsettia

Ranger Distress paints

Ranger Distress Archival ink pads

Ranger Opaque Matte Texture Paste

Idea-Ology, Metallic Kraft Paper Stash

Stampers Anonymous, Starry layering stencil



The trees are from the Alpine die set.



I hope you like it! And if so you can find two other projects with the same Jolly St. Nick here on my blog, a banner and a framed Christmas scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!