Wednesday 24 November 2021

Christmas tag with Cozy Winter bear by Tim Holtz

Well this tag, or at least the background, is really inspired by Tim's demo on Saturday. But since I haven't got any sticky embossing powder, I used clear embossing powder to give a little shine and protection for my beautiful trees.


The background was made with Cracked Pistachio and Broken China Distress Oxide inks using the Tree Shifter stencil. 


I cut out a tag with Tim's Tag Framelits die. 

Then I smooched the tag with diluted Antique Linen ink. Here in this photo you can see how white the paper was and how much more pleasing the colour of the paper has become. (Actually this photo was made for another project).

I put a layer of embossing ink on the trees through the stencil, then heat embossed with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. 

This is not the best photo but here you can see how shiny the trees are.

I inked the edges with Brushed Corduroy.

The bear was coloured and assembled exactly as in this post.

The text was stamped on a red cardstock and heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine White embossing powder.


What I used:

Stampers Anonymous, Shifter Tree stencil (THS113)

Stampers Anonymous, Tiny Text Christmas stamp set (CMS424)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Cozy Winter (665574)

Sizzix Bigz XL die, Deco (661815)

Sizzix Framelits die, Tag Collection (658784)

Ranger embossing powder (clear, super fine white)

Ranger Distress Oxide (Cracked Pistachio, Broken China)


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

With my tag, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make your own background


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!