Thursday 3 February 2022

Birthday card with Robotic die by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, let me show you the birthday card that I made for my daddy who will be 73 in February. 


This is not the first time I have used this cute robot for a birthday card or a name-day card. 

I'll start my tutorial with a trick. If you don't have Tim Holtz's adhesive metal foil sheets like me, you can use aluminium foil for baking. I glued a piece of foil to grey cardstock with glue stick. 


Then I embossed it with Numeric embossing folder.


Then I covered the whole surface with black paint. I waited a while, then I wiped away the excess paint. 


The head of the robot was painted with Antique Linen and with a touch of Squeezed Lemonade.


The blue parts were painted with Stormy Sky, the silver with Brushed Pewter. The edges of the yellow and blue parts were inked with Hickory Smoke Archival ink, the silver with Black Soot.

To the head I attached two antennas. For this I used Idea-Ology metal gears.


The balloon was inked with Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness.



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Robotic by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Circle Play by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric 3/4" Tall by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Texture Fades, Numeric embossing folder by Tim Holtz

Ranger Distress paint (Antique Linen, Squeezed Lemonade, Black Soot, Brushed Pewter, Stormy Sky)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke)

Ranger Distress ink (Twisted Citron, Mowed lawn, Rustic Wilderness)

Idea-ology Mini Gears

etc.



If you like it, you can find my other robot cards here and here and here and here and here. Now I see that my dad got a robot card for his 70th birthday! LOL!

With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Use an embossing folder






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!