Thursday 10 August 2023

Birthday card with one of the Gentlemen

I made this card for my mother-in-law's 80th birthday. Her birthday will be just in October but I like to be prepared in time.



For the background I took a watercolour panel and I inked the surface with Tumbled Glass and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide inks. Then I blended Faded Jeans ink through the Linked Circles stencil. Then I inked the edges with Chipped Sapphire ink.


To give a protection to my panel, I dabbed Distress Collage Medium to the surface.


The bird and the gentlemen was cut out from black paper twice and then glued them together. The numbers and the balloon was cut out from white watercolour paper and coloured with Distress inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber). The text was stamped with embossing ink on black cardstock, then I heat embossed with white embossing powder.




What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Gentlemen (666286)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Bulletin (666281)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Cozy Winter (665574)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Celebrate (666285)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Talk (CMS236)

Stampers Anonymous, Linked Circles (THS159)

Ranger Distress inks 

Ranger Distress Oxide inks

Ranger Distress Collage Medium

Ranger Distress embossing powder (super fine white)

etc.




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Happy Birthday


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!