Wednesday 20 September 2023

Masculine birthday tag with the Professor

Hello everyone, I'm here with a tag that I made for my nephew who will turn 15 at the beginning of November. I know, it's just September, but I always have to do the celebration cards in advance because I have to send them to Hungary.




And here is the tutorial:

I cut out a tag from chipboard and put a layer of gesso on both sides. When it was dry, I painted blue with Faded Jeans Distress paint.


Then I added a tiny bit of Chipped Sapphire here and there, spritzed with water, then soaked up the water with a paper towel. Then I splattered with Speckled Egg paint.



Then I stamped the Professor on Neenah Solar White paper with Tsukineko Memento Espresso Truffle ink and coloured with Copic Sketch markers. Then I stamped the circle where I planned the head of the professor using an embossing ink. Then I heat embossed using black super fine embossing powder by Ranger.

The hat was stamped with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with Copic Sketch markers.



For the birthday text I used embossing ink and black embossing powder. On the back of the tag, I also stamped a motivation quote and I was so happy when I noticed that it has the same font type as the happy birthday text.



The prize ribbon is part of an old and retired die set but it was perfect to put the numbers on it.

I inked the edges of the tag with Black Soot Ranger Archival ink and spattered with Black Soot paint the front page.


What I used:

Stampers Anonymous, The Professor 1 (CMS373)

Stampers Anonymous, The Inspector (CMS465)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Things (CMS237)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Talk (CMS236)

Stampers Anonymous, Ponderings (CMS252)

Sizzix Movers&Shapers die, Mini Trophy&Prize Ribbon (659444)

Sizzix Bigz die, Crescent Moon&Stars (658716)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Label (664177)

Ranger Distress paints (Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Speckled Egg)

Ranger embossing powder (super fine black)

Ranger Archival ink (Black Soot)

Copic Sketch markers

Neenah Solar white paper

glitter paper

etc.



With my card I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: What's your favorite color? 

Actually, I have two favourite colours, the green and the blue, but the blue which appears more often on my projects and in my wardrobe too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!