Thursday 14 December 2023

Angel Christmas ornament with a Sizzix die

A few days ago I posted here, on my blog a card with an angel. And because I really liked how that angel turned out I wanted to have one on my Christmas tree.




If you click on my earlier blogpost you will find the tutorial of the angel. Here I just write down what I made differently.

Since it's an ornament, I wanted to give it a little dimension, and both sides needed to be done, to be covered with glitter paper.


To have a little dimension, I cut out the angel twice from chipboard and I glued them together. The die I used was a Sizzix Bigz die, Angelic by Tim Holtz. Then I added the glitter paper on the top. Both sides, of course.




Since it was dimensional I had to take care of the edges, so I painted the edges with similar colours. With turquoise the edges of the dress, with silver the edges of the wing, with gold the edges of the trumpet etc.




Then I inked the edges with Ground Espresso Archival ink. And in the end I put Marabu Glitter Liner to the edges with matching colours.




With my angel ornament, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Use dies





2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Christmas decoration Monika! tyhe whole design of this is so pretty and it looks fabulous on your tree! :-)

    Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!