Friday 22 December 2023

Gingerbread man Christmas tree ornament

Hello everyone, I'm here again with another Christmas tree ornament, a gingerbread man. For this, I used an old and retired die set, the Fresh Baked 2 (663116). 



And if you like it, here is the tutorial for you.


I cut the gingerbread man figure 8 times from a thicker cardboard. It was as thick as the paper of a roll of a paper towel. I glued them together one after the other. In the middle I also placed and glued a little cap that I cut out using another old and retired die, the Carved Ornaments 2 (657475).






Then I painted white both sides.




Then I painted gold with Emperor's Gold DecoArt Americana paint. Actually, I applied at least 3 layers.




Then I added a thin layer of Schmincke gold paint too, because it was less orangey.

Then I added flat back pearls for the eyes and the buttons. The rest of the decorations were cut out from glitter papers (black, red). The scarf is part of the Cool Yule die set (663099). Now this is one is not discontinued yet! 




And see how much fun Gingerbread man is having on the Christmas tree, under the little house. And yes, I also made the little house with another Tim Holtz's die, the Paper Village. And here is the tutorial for that one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!