Tuesday 16 January 2024

Birthday card with Mary Poppins

This is a birthday card for the most important female in my life, my daughter who turned 18 today. I am incredibly happy that almost 19 years ago, on a holiday in Rhodes, we were chosen by this wonderful soul. Well, without further ado, here is the card that I made her.



I chose the lady from The Park die set, because she loves Marry Poppins. For the lady I wanted to make a festive background so I chose the Retro Flakes stamp set, because they snowflakes look like firework sparks. And the Mary Poppins text is just so perfect for this occasion.

And here is the tutorial.

I took a blue cardstock and started to stamp the snowflakes with embossing ink. I used silver and gold embossing powders for the heat embossing.






When my panel was filled with silver and gold snowflakes, then I spattered the paper with silver and gold acrylic paints. When it was dry, I inked the edges of the panel with Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink.




I made a golden frame for the text and for the blue panel too. For this, I used the same gold embossing powder that I used for the gold flakes.




I also put transparent rhinestones to the middle of the silver sparks. 

I cut out the numbers and the lady twice from black cardstock. Then I glued the together. I also put a layer of matt black paint to the surface of the die-cuts. 


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, The Park (665204)

Stampers Anonymous, Retro Flakes (CMS417)

MFT Die-Namics, Pumped-Up Numbers

Ranger embossing powder (Silver, Princess Gold)

rhinestones

acrylic paints (black, silver, gold)

etc.




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Sparkle and Shine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!