Tuesday 27 February 2024

Harrison the lion king

Hello everyone, I'm here with a card that I created for one of my nephews, Mátyás. I made it for his name-day. Hungary had a great king, Matthias Corvinus, or Mathias Rex in latin, and I played with this name to make my nephew happy.




And here is the tutorial.

I cut out the pieces of Harrison from different shades of brown. For this, I used textured paper. Then I assembled him. 

I took a rectangle paper and I put Harrison on it. I wanted a slimline card, so I cut off the unwanted parts from my panel. Then I blended red Distress inks to the surface. The background of the card was mostly coloured with Festive Berries ink. Then I added Aged Mahogany to the edges and Ground Espresso to the very edges. Then I spritzed with water.

The background of the nameplate was made with Broken China ink. The letters were cut out with Alphanumeric Label dies from black paper.

I used the same gold paint for the crown, the bigger layer of the nameplate and the stars.






What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Harrison Colorize (665218)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Label (664177)

Sizzix Bigz die, Crescent Moon&Stars (658716)

Sizzix Movers&Shapers die, Mini Crown&Fleur (657210)

Ranger Distress inks (Broken China, Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany, Ground Espresso)

etc.




In the very end, when I glued all the elements in place, I smeared Micro Glaze to the surface of the red panel. This is not just good for protection but also deepened the background colour.




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Fur or Feathers



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!