Thursday 15 February 2024

Tag with swinging bird

This tag was made for another name-day, my friend's name-day. She saw one of my previous tags with the same bird on a swing and asked me to make her the same but only with neutral colours: beige, grey and brown.

So I made this:



And here is the tutorial.

I cut out a tag with Tag&Bookplates Bigz die from 300gsm watercolour paper. I painted grey with Hickory Smoke. When it was dry I stamped the rose pattern on the surface with Ground Espresso Archival ink.



Then I muted the original colours with white paint. I applied layer after layer until I was satisfied with the result.


I inked the edges with Ground Espresso Archival ink, then stamped the text with embossing ink. I heat embossed the text using black embossing powder. In the end I splattered the tag with white paint.



The base of the bird was painted with brown paint. Then the second layer was a sheet music patterned paper.

With a piece of twig and jute twine I created a swing and then I glued to the tag with hot glue.

The ribbon was coloured with brown Distress inks. 




What I used:

Sizzix Movers&Shapers die, Tag&Bookplates (656938)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Feathered Friends (664433)

Stampers Anonymous, Noteworthy (CMS446)

Stampers Anonymous, Vines and Roses (CMS298)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Ground Espresso)

Ranger Distress paints (Hickory Smoke, Picket Fence)

Ranger Distress embossing powder (super fine black)

etc.




With my tag, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Tie It Up



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!